Sunday 1 September 2013

my ombre hair!:)

I know that ombre hair has become a bit of a trend lately so I thought I would blog about my mine. I will also include the dye that I used and products that I find useful:)
If you're unsure of what 'ombre hair' is, it is when you dye the tips of your hair (most commonly with blonde but can be done with others colours) to make it gradually look a bit lighter.

In April(2013) I decided that I wanted a bit of change with my hair after seeing girls with ombre hair, I just thought it looked really nice. I have found that it gives my hair a lot more texture and it just looks a bit more interesting.



L'Oreal Wild Ombres 3 Blonde to Dark Blonde
I used the blonde to dark blonde to ombre my hair.
(Price- £6.63)

 
This dye is so easy! it comes with everything you need to ombre your hair. Before I did anything I decided how far up I wanted the dye to go, I decided that it should go from the tip of my ear to the ends. It comes with a comb which makes things super duper simple. All you have to do is mix the power into the dye, squeeze it onto your brush and then comb through your hair.


The amount of time you leave it on depends on how light you would like the blonde to be. Personally, I wanted mine quite blonde so I left mine on for 40minutes. But, the less time you leave it on, the more subtle it will be.

The pack of dye also comes with a little bottle of shampoo, which I may add, is really good! So after leaving it on for your chosen amount of time, rinse it out and then rub in the shampoo. It looked really weird the first time I saw it in the mirror, its so strange to have  two-toned hair.

I left mine to dry naturally because I didn't really want to add much heat after bleaching my hair as I know it isn't the best, and it did feel a little dry. But what you decide to do with your hair is completely up to you! After it dried I didn't really do much to it, however, I loved the outcome! I never seem to get bored of it and I cant imagine my hair being all one colour now.

 Products I find useful:
Aussie 'take the heat- 3 minutes miracle' shampoo and conditioner
Toni&guy salt spray- for my lazy hair days!:P
Toni&guy heat protection mist
Toni&guy nourish conditioner for dry hair
Aussie leave in conditioner
Herbal essences hair masque
VO5 shampoo and conditioner

Hair dye:  http://www.superdrug.com/loreal/loreal-wild-ombres-3-blonde-to-dark-blonde/invt/508351&bklist



                                                   Have you been loving any hair trends lately?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment